Tuesday 12 November 2013

Enjoying Easy and Healthy Diabetic Desserts

Enjoying Easy and Healthy Diabetic Desserts


I only recently discovered Diabetic easy desserts and would like to encourage as many people as possible to consider adding these to their diets. It doesn't matter whether you are diabetic or not, by considering Diabetic Desserts you could have a lot to look forward to. What follows is some general comments about eating healthily and ways of partaking in delicious desserts. There are a very large number of recipes available that offer much variety. There are such delights as Lemon Cheesecake Mousse, Chocolate Marble Cake and Peach-Berry Frozen Dessert. How about Almond Sugar Cookies or Chocolate Oat Bran Cake? Remember, watch your health by exercising and being aware of your overall food intake, but don't forget to keep enjoying your desserts just like ice cream recipes. Go out there and do some research and find all those sumptuous recipe

I am not a diabetic but I do have a mother who has been a Type 2 diabetic for a number of years. Amusingly she has the habit of buying products containing too much sugar and then, after trying just a small amount, passes them to me to finish. So I find myself eating too many sugary products. I also love my desserts but I have been on the lookout for a bit more variety. I think it is important to continually work on my health, and I do exercise regularly. 

Hence the discovery of Diabetic Desserts is going to add variety to my diet, help maintain my health and maybe also help my mother with her sweet tooth just like easy dessert recipes! Let us not take all the enjoyment out of eating! There are some excellent low calorie sweeteners on the market, such as 'Splenda' which uses the unique sweetening ingredient, Sucralose. Also you can simply reduce the amount of sugar in any recipes that you use. In some recipes reducing by 20% the amount of sugar does not alter the taste!


Millions of people suffer from Diabetes and further millions of people may have Diabetes without realising it. I think that the best policy for everyone is to assume that they could suffer from Diabetes in the future and do something about it now. For most of us it is enough to exercise regularly and eat properly. Eat enough of each of the four main food groups but not too much of the fifth food group which is the fats, oils and sweets! But you can eat products with some sugar, after all fruit contains sugar. It is just important to keep intake down to less than 10% of total kcalories. 

If you do decide to use any sugar substitutes just be aware of the two types of sugar substitutes, nutritive and artificial sweeteners. The artificial sweeteners are safer for diabetics being low in kcalories. Of course do not substitute any kind of sweeteners for fruits, vegetables and other nutritious foods. And then there are the Diabetic Dessert Recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment